We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 14

Today is my 14th day in the hospital!  It's going by pretty fast.  I am used to the hospital routine, but then again I'm not.. I hate that "dietary" comes in every morning at 7 AM and is so happy and cheery! I am NOT a morning person, and I do appreciate that you are bringing me my cereal and milk BUT do you have to be so happy and cheery!?? haha
Yesterday morning was quite entertaining for me!  This is a teaching hospital, and on some days there are nursing students here, and yesterday there were 4.. I had one that had to do her "assessment" on me.  She had no clue how to use the monitor to get my blood pressure... So, ME the special ed teacher taught her how to do that! haha Then she couldn't figure out how to get the thermometer off the wall, so.. I showed her how to do that.. Then she had a bunch of questions to ask etc.. She seemed kind of shocked when I answered the question when did you start taking prenatal vitamins? I answered.. with 5 months prior to being pregnant!  This was after I told her I was on Clomid.  We were trying to get pregnant, and you are supposed to take prenatal vitamins when you are trying! DUH! The earlier you take them the better... Anyways we got through her million questions, she left for a little bit.  They all went and watched a C-section, and then my real nurse came in with the 4 students and she taught them how to find fetal heart rates on mommies of multiples.  She explained that you can't find one baby at a time... you have to find all 3 at the same time to ensure that you aren't getting the same baby twice.  So, 30 minutes later they were able to all coordinate themselves into getting my 3 little ones' heart beats at the same time... It probably didn't help that I had a chicken biscuit and sweet tea for breakfast hahaha I was laughing inside the whole time!  The students left and my nurse was like thank you so much for putting up with that I wanted to just take it out of their hands and do it myself like we do every other day! She and I usually tag team it and find all 3 babies pretty quick.. I told her I didn't mind the students as long as they don't come anywhere near me with needles.  I will only allow nurses that are extremely qualified and great with shots, IVs etc near me!  haha

I had a complete breakdown today at lunch over the horrible cafeteria food.. I have decided that past my cereal and milk in the morning - I will no longer order anything from any one of their menus here!!!  I am getting a microwave for my room.. I have no clue if that's allowed, and will battle that out if they tell me I can't have it.  It's either they allow it and I am able to eat healthy and I am able to continue to gain weight for my babies OR they take the microwave from me and continue to bring cafeteria crap and I don't eat it and lose weight.. How is that healthy for my babies!?  Ryan nor my family can bring me lunch and dinner every day and they shouldn't have to... and I don't want take out or fast food twice a day every day.  AND I don't eat just 3 meals a day anymore.. I eat approximately 6 small meals or more every day!! I am eating something every 2-3 hours unless I am sleeping :)
Anyways, I probably sound like a spoiled brat, but I am pregnant with triplets and am picky...

I have started crocheting again and am enjoying that, and I have caught up on all of my favorite tv shows.  Thank God they have full episodes on the computer now!
That's all for tonight!
Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment