We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Rule of Three

So if you haven't figured it out, in Ryan and I's lives everything seems to be happening in 3's - especially this year! We just celebrated 3 fabulous years of being married yesterday, we are pregnant with triplets, we have 3 precious dogs, I finished my 3rd year of teaching at my dream job, Ryan is coaching for the 3rd summer at Camp Woodward this week, Ryan is turning 30 next month, and we will have owned our home 3 years this October! 

I am now 27 weeks and 2 days pregnant!  All has been going very well, and our next milestone is fast approaching!  Dr. BK has been setting milestones for me to achieve rather than one ultimate date.  The first milestone that he set was 24 weeks, and come to find out when he did my cervical cerclage at 20 weeks he wasn't to sure that I would make it 4 more weeks.. BUT I did!  I have been proving everyone wrong and continuing along - not quite as I had originally planned when we found out we were going to have triplets - but continuing along.  The next milestone he set for me was 28 weeks, and I can't wait to meet it! I have asked Ryan if we can have a little party here to celebrate :)  If I make it to the ultimate goal, I have another 6-7 weeks in here, and I am beginning to wonder if I am mentally strong enough to do it.  Some days I am, but others not so much. 
I asked Dr. BK if after 28 weeks I would be able to have some wheel chair privleges, but he told me no "if it ain't broke don't fix it!"  He loves all of the progress I have made with my extremely limited activity laying in bed and doesn't want to change anything!  I have only been allowed to go outside one time over the past 7 and a half weeks (55 days) that I have been here to see my dogs for 5 minutes.  Dr. McDonald talked him into that for me.  Ryan came up 2 Sundays ago in the morning, wheeled me downstairs, brought each dog out of the truck one at a time so I could love on them.  I was very happy that I got to see them, but it was very hard too.  I begged Ryan to put me in the truck and take me home. 
I have had more harder days recently, and I think it's mainly because I am sitting here alone almost all day everyday.  My family and Ryan come almost every night.  I had lots of visitors the first few weeks I was here, but not anymore.  Every once in a while a friend will come visit though and I am so thankful for that because it really keeps me from thinking about being here alone. 

Last Monday, I had to do the 1 hour blood glucose screening, and I failed it.  I was devastated, but was told by my doctors and nurses not to get worked up yet - harder said than done.  I had the 3 hour test the following day.  I wasn't allowed to eat after midnight (no big deal I don't eat after midnight ever anyways), then they drew blood at 5:30 AM.  I then had to drink 10 oz of glucola (which tastes like orange flat soda) in less than 5 minutes.  They then drew blood again at 6:30, 7:30, and 8:30.  I passed the fasting blood work, and then had to pass 2 out of 3 after I drank the glucola.  I thankfully did.  I passed the first, failed the second, and passed the third.  THANK GOD! 

The babies are all growing and are very active.  They measured the babies during ultrasound on Monday, and Chloe weights 2 lbs 5 oz (probably a little more but she is so curled up it's hard to get accurate measurements), Sophie is 2 lbs 11 oz, and Hollis is 2 lbs 7 oz!  That's over 8 and a half pounds of babies!  I am so excited with the amount of weight they have gained!  I have gained as well which is good.  All of my weight gain has been in my big belly that is now measuring over 40 weeks pregnant if I was having one baby.  This is really starting to take a toll on my body.  I can't get comfortable in any position, and am now waking up A LOT through out the night in extreme pain in my hips and back.  For those of you who don't know I have a herniated disc (L5 - which is the lowest disc in your back).  Last night one of the girls kept pushing on my sciatic nerve.  For those of you who haven't experienced sciatic nerve pain be thankful!  It nearly knocks the breath out of you the pain is so bad.  My doctors ask every day how I am doing if I am having pain anywhere, etc. etc. When I do tell them, that my back and hips are hurting and all of my joints ache they always tell me well that's part of pregnancy and it's just going to get worse.  One day, one of them jokingly said they needed to get the violins in here.  I know that all of my pains and aches are because of me being pregnant, but they ask so I answer...
I really would like to make it at least another 3 weeks so the babies will all be well over 3 lbs if not almost 4 lbs.  That would be great.  It would be great if I could make it to 34 or 35 weeks, but with how my body is reacting to the amount of weight and pressure of triplets I am beginning to wonder if my body will be able to handle it that long...

I haven't blogged in so long, and this post has been very long so I think that's all for now... Thanks for all of your prayers and support!  We greatly appreciate it! 

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment