We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

Monday, March 21, 2011

13 weeks!

So, I am 13 weeks today... I most definitely have a "bump" growing at rapid speed!  I can feel my stomach growing and stretching - especially in the evenings - and every morning when I wake up I feel like I have grown.  I haven't weighed myself to know if I have gained any weight, and for the first time in my life I don't care to know what the scale says.  I guess I will find out next Wednesday when I go for my next appointment.  The past couple of days here have been 80+ degrees.. quite warm!  I have come to the conclusion that from here on out I am going to be miserably uncomfortable! 
I haven't been getting as sick recently (knock on wood).. I get sick every couple of days sometimes in the morning and sometimes just before bed.  I got in an "eating routine" while on Spring Break.. which consisted of a bowl of frosted mini wheats when I first woke up, then about an hour and a half later 2 Jimmy Dean little sausage and biscuits with honey and a glass of chocolate milk, then a little while later a strawberry yogurt, then either taquitos or a sandwich, then a couple of hours later, more taquitos or a milk shake, then cheese and crackers and some fruit, then dinner with Ryan which varied.. grilled chicken or fish tacos or spaghetti etc, then a couple hours later a bowl of mac and cheese or ice cream... Today going back to work it was very hard to stay on this eating routine... which makes for a VERY HUNGRY Lindsey!  For a long time, I was on a think crust pizza kick.. that's all I wanted.. Now, I have moved onto a chicken and cheese taquitos kick with salsa!  Just typing it is making me hungry for some.. ugh! I will finish typing this first.. I've also been craving frozen yogurt and anything strawberry.... Strawberry milkshakes, strawberry yogurt, strawberry frosted pop tarts, etc etc etc... I have learned that eating an entire cartoon of strawberries in one sitting is not a good idea..  I had the WORST heartburn and indigestion ever after.. Oh well, you live and you learn...

There has been lots going on recently in the McKinley House (besides the fact we are expecting triplets)!  I finally feel like we are getting somewhere with the pipe burst/flood disaster that happened at the beginning of February.. I have hired the 61 Cabinets to repair the cabinet and do some additional work to make our kitchen more functional...  Ryan decided last night (Sunday) at 7:30 that he was in the mood to start a project... SO he moved all of the living room furniture into the dining room and entry way and tore out the living room carpet (which also was destroyed in the flood) and took up all of the tack strips... Now we just have bare concrete foundation in the living room and all the furniture is still in the dining room and entry way!  Making our house even more of a disaster!  I am leaning more towards finding the tile that is in our kitchen and continuing it into the living room (we have an open floor plan)  throwing an area rug down and calling it a day.  I refuse to put carpet back down with 3 dogs and 3 babies on the way.
The project list is growing by the day and I am trying not to get to stressed out, but for those of you who really know me... that is something I have a VERY hard time doing!  I think once the kitchen and living room get finished I will feel a little better... then there's the upstairs... Ryan moved the guest room furniture into the room that I originally had intended to be the nursery when we bought the house, but since we are having triplets the layout of the room won't work..  I had wanted to paint that room before all the furniture got moved in, but that didn't happen and now the headboard is hung on the wall so I guess that won't be happening now for a long time..
We still have to finish moving the office / sewing room to the former guest room since it will be the nursery.  Ryan built built-in desks, bookcases, and a fold down cutting table in this room, so moving everything isn't going so well.  We need to buy 2 desks and other office and sewing furniture before we can finish this project.. Then we have to paint both rooms (or atleast the nursery).  I also want to paint the upstairs bathroom and downstairs half bath and change the light fixtures in both bathrooms. OH and we have to get the nursery set up and I have to get all of the bedding etc sewn too! 
I want to get all of this done by the end of May, and considering Ryan has to work 7 days a week and I have to work 5 days a week.. and every weekend from here until June I am booked with weddings, bridal showers, baby showers, dinners, etc etc etc I have no clue how this is going to happen! 

I have been telling myself that I will probably be put on bed rest at the beginning of June to mentally prepare myself for the inevitable.. maybe I won't have to go on restricted bed rest then, but at least it won't be such a shock.  We can't wait to find out what we are having! I have been having lots of dreams about what they are.. one in which Ryan was telling me what they were (like he would actually know before me), and one where I was telling him.. I keep waking up though after only hearing or saying what 2 of them are.. A boy, a girl, and another... and boom I wake up!  We are really hoping for 2 girls and a boy or 2 boys a girl! We have 2 girl names and 2 boy names picked out and can't seem to find a 3rd girl or 3rd boy name that we both like.. All of the names have a family name in them.. The boys first and middle name are family names and the girls middle names are family names...
For the girl names we are thinking about Chloe Jean and Sophie Marie.. Jean is my middle name as well as my grandmother's (my mom's mom) middle name and my dad's aunt's name.  Marie is my grandmother's (my dad's mom) middle name.  Ryan LOVES the name Chloe!  He has been saying for a few years now that if he has a girl he wants to name her Chloe!  I love the name too and think Chloe and Sophie sound so cute! 
For the boy names we are thinking Robert Hollis and Clark Alexander.  Robert is Ryan's first name, his dad's first name, his grandfather's first name, etc..... They all go by their middle name or a nick name.. Hollis is Ryan's grandfather's (his mom's dad) first name.  Clark is my brother's name and my grandfather's name (my dad's dad) and Alexander is a Wasson family name (Ryan's dad's mom's side of the family).  We would call Robert Hollis - Hollis and Clark Alexander - Clark.  We have been thinking lots about names recently and it is very important to both of us that their names have meanings and family ties. 
Anyways, I am getting very hungry and tired!  I hope I haven't rambled on too much! 
Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers!
Love always,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment