We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

9 Weeks

So, I will be 9 weeks on Monday... and I definitely feel pregnant!  I'm not sure that having triplets has completely set in yet.. and I am not sure that it will until I have all three of my precious little angels in my arms!  My mind is constantly going.. I have been thinking a lot about random (but all important things) insurance, feedings, baby names (we have to pick out A LOT of names), NICU, C-section (which has been really freaking me out the past couple of days), nutrition, house layout, a BIG vehicle, bed rest (which I am most certain now is inevitable), how bad my back is going to hurt, finances once the babies get here (since I can't work!), etc. etc. etc...... I know everything will fall into place, but this stage of where to begin sucks!

I definitely have morning sickness every day... Within 30 minutes to an hour of being awake, I am usually running to the bathroom... I have decided that anything I eat is not going to stop this.. so I don't eat until I throw up so that I don't end up hating that food... Some days are really bad, and I now have Zofran for those days... BUT I am pondering what I would rather have... nausea and vomiting or headaches so bad that I can't see straight... it's a toss up!
I definitely have a baby bump now.. and Ryan is finally recognizing that it's a baby bump now (Maybe I should be calling it a babies bump since there isn't just one baby in there).. For the past week, Ryan has been certain that the bump on my stomach was fat and not babies, until the other night when I was getting ready for bed.. he stopped me and was like WOAH LINDZ!! YOU HAVE A BABY BUMP! ... Gotta love him!  

My life right now revolves around food.. I find myself starving every 3 hours or LESS!  When I get hungry or get a craving.. I MUST eat right then (or I will get sick UGH)!  I have a hard time planning ahead for meals, because I have no clue what I am going to want to eat or be able to stand the smell of until right when I get hungry... It's really quite frustrating!  I am hoping that this calms down soon so that I can plan HEALTHY meals!  

My body is changing so fast it's crazy.. I am wearing maternity clothes already!  I mean seriously who wears maternity clothes at 9 weeks!? I guess a mommy-to-be of triplets does!  I am so thankful though for my friends who just had babies that are letting me borrow maternity clothes!  They should at least get me through May, then I am going to be so big that I have no clue what I am going to wear!  They don't make many clothes for mom's expecting triplets... My body is already setting limits for myself.. I find myself moving much slower these days and not having the endurance to make it through what I used to consider a full day.. (which was teaching all day at MLC then coaching, teaching dance, etc.. and not getting home til late)... I am exhausted and find myself wanting to go to bed between 9 and 9:30 every night.. I am trying to make myself stay up..

I made the mistake of getting hooked to a tv show before I found out I was having triplets called Making Room for Multiples on TLC... Now when I watch it, I find myself putting myself in their shoes, and watching the C-section and the NICU stays.. and all the tubes and IVs.. There are benefits to watching though.. I get ideas of how to organize and plan.. for example some mom's of multiples color code EVERYTHING.. which helps a lot when you have people wanting to come into help you... I pray every day that everything is going to go smoothly, and they are going to be born healthy and strong and won't have to stay in the NICU that long maybe if we are lucky.. not at all... I am really trying not to worry, but this is one characteristic that I definitely inherited from my mom... I need to learn how to chill out and not expect so much perfection from myself..

Anyways, I hope all who read this have a great weekend!  Thank you so much for your prayers!  We really appreciate them!! 

Love to all,
Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I just started my second round of Clomid. I'm anxious, scared and excited at the same time. I know these beautiful babies will be a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Caroline! Good luck with Clomid!! The best advice I can give you when taking Clomid is... Relax! And try to stay stress free! The months when I worried a lot about whether it was going to work or not.. It didn't and the months where I didn't think a lot about it.. It worked! Good luck!! You will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete