We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

More reactions

So lindz wrote her part of the reactions,... while she sleeps it has become my turn.

So I'm going to back up just a little to fill everyone in on some details leading up to the pregnancy. As all of you who know us should know, both lindz and I work our rear ends off all the time, and it can really put stress on an individual. I believe that all of this stress might have been pushing on lindz and created an environment that made her body not regulated. After a few months of frustration lindz decided to talk to her doctor, and apparently clomid is the first "go-to" med to help regulate women looking to have children. After several cycles of ovulating, and then not ovulating, and all the stress of it, finally with a high dose of clomid lindz ovulated. So with us, on the last day of 4 weeks since her previous cycle, we took a pregnancy test. And she was pregnant!!! Way too early to tell anyone,... Right? Well I knew lindz couldn't hold this in, so we decided to tell our immediate family. They were all excited, as were we.

At that point we began to research more into this clomid medicine and found that there were quite a few ladies who had multiples while on this medicine. We began to start to wrap our heads around the fact that we may have twins. I really thought it was funny to joke that we were gonna have triplets,... Sure glad I didn't joke about quads or more.

I coach competitive trampoline and tumbling for a living, and lindz teaches at a private school for kids with special needs. With that said, you can tell that we are around kids all the time, and have tons of experience. Recently (since we got married) everyone told us that when we decided to have kids that they would change our lives. We agreed to that, but also claimed how we are truly prepared to have kids and it shouldn't be any problem. Well I guess we stuck our foot in our mouths, God decided that we could handle one new child no problem(or at least that is how I want to see it) and God decided he would challenge us with 3.

So,  at the doctors' office I sat across from where lindz was during the ultrasound,.. I could see the screen sooner and better than lindz. As soon as the tech adjusted the screen, I saw them,.. All three dark spots. I knew, but didn't say anything. The tech said well you aren't having one,... I began laughing, lindz said "twins?" ,.. The tech responded with, "nope, triplets".... That was the first person who knew besides us and she was so excited. By the time we left the ultrasound room, the tech had already told everyone in the entire office. When we walked out, everyone was all giggly and asked us if we were the ones having triplets. Apparently no one in that office had ever seen triplets before us. We found out that our doctor last saw triplets 15 years ago when she was with another office. It seems as if the Internet has made us all feel like the world is small, and that triplets are not at all uncommon. But even on the mess we were on, there is less than 1 percent chance of having triplets. It's so exciting.

Dr. McDonald came in and really seemed flustered. She seemed kind of giddy to me, but it was the first time I had ever met her. This is when we found out that she hadn't seem triplets in 15 years. It's interesting these days with technology. I know lindz isn't a doctor, and for sure doesn't have all the extensive knowledge like her doctor does, but on this one specific subject lindz really does have her head wrapped around most of the information. It really showed when lindz started asking questions and her doctor didn't really know how to answer. That's part of why I figured she was flustered with this new event in her life. Lindz almost was guiding her in what or how to answer the questions that she was asking. I had to go pee, and had to walk to the other end of the office, through the lobby and around the corner to find a male restroom. As I passed through the lobby, I noticed my former boss Cindy, and since the news was still a secret, I crossed my fingers that she didn't see me. We had to ask our nurse to make sure that Cindy was in a room so we could leave when we got done so the information of our pregnancy wouldn't get out too soon.

So I walked out to the car to warm it up, considering 1 inch of snow fell on it during our office visit. Once I picked lindz up we called her parents to figure out where to meet them for lunch. So then it was time to call our immediate family, those who we couldn't tell in person. Lindz's sister knew that we were at the office, and kept bugging her, so we called her first (well I say first cause there is a secret I can't reveal yet).  I decided that it wouldn't be fair if I didn't call my little sister next, but she didn't answer her phone.

Next was to call my mother. She works as an office manager at a church, so I called her to give her the news. When she answered, I began to tell her that we were at the office and everything was good,...and we were having triplets. She screamed all excited, repeating it to all of her co-workers. And the type of scream and repeating she did, was the kind where you could hear it in their voice that she was tearing up with excitement and joy.

My next call was to my father.  I told him, and he seemed really happy, and not that he isn't a happy guy,.. But I hardly ever hear him this joyful. It was nice to hear him laughing in excitement.

My dad's mother, Granny, was unavailable. So next we called my mother's parents, Pop and JoJo. Its hard to remember everyone's reaction, since everyone keeps thinking that we are pranking them. So pretty much each person immediately questions us to try to get a more direct announcement. Even one person, Jenni, wouldn't believe us until she saw the ultrasound pic. So I sent her one, but didn't take a good one and Lindz's name wasn't on the pic so she didn't believe us. I had to go take another pic, and message it to her, and finally she believed us.

It is very hard when you have as many close friends and family as Lindz and I do to be able to get in touch with everyone in a "fair" order, without forgetting anyone. I am doing my best to remember each story, and I will do my best to recall each of them. Thanks for reading.
Ryan McKinley

No comments:

Post a Comment