We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Preparations

Once again Lindz is asleep and it is time for me to ramble.  As all of these changes with the triples on the way, i have begun to look at all of our decisions that we have made as a married couple.  I want to make sure that you all know that in no way do i believe that i have a horrible life, or that i believe nothing is going right.  God has a plan, and he has always provided for me and my family.  In saying that, i have realized how different i am from my family, and from lindz'.  I grew up in a Baptist church (Central Church) and then 20 years ago my family and i left to follow a great man Dr. Young in the stages of beginning a new church(Grace Evangelical Church).  Lindz grew up in the catholic faith, but also went to a private catholic school where she learned quite a bit about religion that most catholics i know don't know.  We both believe in the same God, which i believe is the most important, but the religions that we grew up in each have their different ways of worshiping. 

The discussions of which religion we planned on raising our children began long before we even started trying to have kids, actually it started in the first week we began dating. (We were kind of ahead of ourselves)  As the man of the household i know that i am supposed to lead my family, and for those of you that know me, i am a leader (I get it from my father).  But where i differ from my father is that i know it is possible to lead without standing in front.  I also know that i want my children(i can say children since there are 3 coming) to believe in God and have a firm foundation in faith.  I also know from teaching kids ages 3-18 that no matter what the parents shove in front of the children, and no matter how "Godly" the parents are, the kids will inevitably make their own choice.  So what Lindz and i have discussed is that we will do our best to be "Godly" role models for our children and provide them with differing views of the same God and in the end let them be the ones who choose which faith they will follow.  The one thing that i feel we are missing as a family in the "church" department is a close faith family.  Currently we do our best to attend church every Sunday, and recently we have been attending St. Phillip catholic church in somerville, but due to our schedules we aren't able to do any activities outside of the basic worship service.

Speaking of scheduling, let me put some of this in front of you guys in order for you to see all of what lindz and i do on a weekly basis.
Ryan - Monday through Friday 8am-5pm Memphis Pool Supply (Weekly Service Manager)
Ryan- Monday through Friday 7-9pm River City Twisters Competitive Tumbling Team Coach
Ryan- Saturday 1130-630pm  River City Gymnastics Birthday Party Director
Ryan- Sundays 1-5pm Private Lessons that i acquired from Lindz since she cant spot anymore
Ryan- Jan-July it is competition Season for my tumbling team and once a month we travel to compete

Lindz- Monday through Friday 8am-330pm Madonna Learning Center (Special Ed Teacher)
Lindz- Monday 330-430pm Beginner Dance Class at Madonna
Lindz- Tuesday 330-530pm Staff Meeting at Madonna
Lindz- Thursday 430-630pm Dance Classes at Ms. Pat's School of Dance
Lindz- Saturday's all day - Sewing Projects for Sweet Stitches By Lindsey
Lindz- Sunday 1-5pm  Private Lessons she coaches while i spot since they are her kids

I am sure that i missed something from our schedule, and i guess you can get the picture that we currently don't get a lot of time as a couple.  We do our best to make the most of the time that we actually get together.  If you can imagine, and it hasn't been put out to the world until now, but with three children popping out around the 1st week of august 2011, it is pretty much understood that lindz wont be able to teach school the next calendar year.  I am beginning to stress about that issue. 

Our finances are great right now, we have been blessed that all of the things we have needed, taking care of our precious puppies for example, have been taken care of.  I am not rich by any means, nor do i make tons of money at either of my jobs, but i do work as hard as i can to provide for our family the things that we need, and want.  I look back on some of the purchases that we made, and wish i could go back and change those to help plan for the future.  We basically were backed into a corner for the two vehicles that we currently own, since we needed vehicles to get to work or use for work at the time, and we had no money saved up to buy older or used vehicles, so we had to buy pretty new ones.  When the babies come, and lindz isn't bringing in any income, we have to be down to only one car, i will not be bringing in enough to make two fairly new car notes, plus all of our other bills.  We would really like to find a used 2006-2008 suburban with all the things we are looking for, and trade both of our vehicles in for just that one.  I have a company vehicle that i drive for work, and to and from work.  One car will suit us just fine.

Dreams and goals of mine have not changed, they have almost become more important to find a way to make them happen.  If you know me, then you know that the biggest goal in my life outside of my family is to have my own trampoline and tumbling facility.  It isn't cheap, and i wouldn't want to do it for cheap.  I want to have the safest, cleanest, and highest quality equipped facility around.  Not just to be able to say that, but to provide an environment that i can teach athletes safely, effectively, and with the right equipment to allow training to be fun and enjoyable.  Being a gym owner wouldn't immediately bring in tons of money, but with hard work and dedication that i have, it would end up being a solid source of income for my family.  About 3-4years ago i began to look at my life, you ever done the same?, to see what accomplishments i have in my life.  I have done some great things, guided some awesome people to great things, but then i look at myself and ask "is this it?"  I know i am good at the pool industry, but i don't want to own my own pool company, it isn't where my heart is.  And i don't want to be just a "pool guy" for the rest of my life.  I know that it is too late in our current situation for me to get back to school to get a degree.  So what is out there for me to accomplish, what sets me apart from everyone else?  I feel as though i have many strong talents, but where do i use them?  Where do i need to spend my time to make it the most effective and cost efficient?  How do i use my personal talents to enjoy work and provide for my family?

I turn 30 this summer, July 28th, and i thank God for every day that i have been alive on this earth.  But when is he going to take me?  When i go, will i be remembered?  What will i be remembered for?  Whose lives did i touch enough that they would be at my funeral, or have good things to say about me?  I don't want to be famous, i just want to make a difference.  A big difference.

Ok, my ramblings have begun, hope you enjoyed picking my brain for a little bit.  Maybe next time Lindz will have a more organized thought.  Goodnight- Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment