We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Reactions

So we decided to share some of our favorite reactions to our BIG news!
My sister, Abby, was one of the first people we called after we left the doctors office. I told her that everything looked great and.. There's more than one... She instantly thought twins.. I told her no... TRIPLETS! Then, had to spend the next five minutes convincing her that i wasn't lying.. Which sounded a little like this "NU UH Lindsey you're lying!" "No, Abby, I'M not lying I'm really going to have THREE BABIES!" (which went back and forth and back and forth) haha!

When we arrived at my parents house after the appointment (we had to go deliver the news in person to my parents because they would have both had heart attacks if I called them and told them), my dad was not there yet because he was stuck in traffic because of the snow. So we sat down at the kitchen table to eat lunch. I asked mom if she wanted to see a picture that we got at the doctors appointment and handed her the ultrasound picture - which she looked at then looked at me and said is this THREE?!! She then sat completely speechless for a few moments. Then said y'all need to leave I have a lot of people to call! We waited for dad to get home.. Then when he arrived.. Mom said you need to sit down for this.. I handed him the picture and he looks at it and says how many is this... Then I point out the numbers.. Look dad see #1, #2, #3! He sat completely speechless.. In complete shock!

Ryan's favorite reaction was from one of his best friends Aaron,... After I convinced him that it was real, he said "your f**ked" I said why, and he said, "I'm a twin, don't you remember how awful Alex and I were to my mom when we were kids.". All I could think about was ,... Thanks Aaron for those great words of encouragement. Lol.

We have called a lot of people over the past couple of days, and each time we share our news we get one of a few different reactions..
1. OMG and lots of screaming
2. No you are LYING!
3. Complete silence
4. Utter disbelief

No matter what the initial reaction... They all have thought we were pranking them!

No comments:

Post a Comment