We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

We're pregnant.... with TRIPLETS!

So, I decided that we needed a blog to keep track of our growing family and the crazy life we live!  I am still in shock from the news we received yesterday.  We found out that we were pregnant after over a year of trying and 4 rounds of Clomid on January 17th, 2011.  We went for our first prenatal appointment yesterday at 7 and a half weeks and had been preparing ourselves for the possibility of twins... Still only expecting one baby!  We went in for an ultrasound first before seeing the doctor, and the tech came in and said so I see you have been on Clomid, and I am sure you are aware of the slight possibility of multiples.. We told her yes we knew that it was a slight possiblity.. She started the ultrasound and within seconds she proceeded with so you aren't having just one... which I replied back with "really we are having twins"... which she replies with "No... you are having triplets!" I laid there speechless looking at the screen and she points out the three sacs, takes a picture, then points out one baby, measures, finds the heartbeat, takes a picture, then moves to the next.. and then to the next!  Ryan sat there giggling as I sat there in shock with a few tears of joy and a MILLION thoughts running through my head.. I am going to have THREE BABIES!  I will need 3 of everything... neither one of our vehicles will work... How am I going to do this??.. I AM GOING TO HAVE THREE BABIES!
I think I said that at least 100 times yesterday! 
I had recently found a show on TLC called "Make Room for Multiples" and the first episode I watched was of a mom giving birth to triplets... I watched in complete awe and disbelief of how big a woman's body can get thinking that would never be me as the chances of that happening were less than ONE PERCENT being on Clomid.  Come to find out that that is going to be me..
I am going to have triplets!  I don't think it has completely set in... I have been doing lots of reading and researching and googling today.. My body is going to start changing really fast very soon.. My pants already don't button (they haven't in the past 2 weeks), but I am still wearing them.. just making sure I am wearing long loose tops so that no one will notice haha!  I am hoping that I am able to do this for a while... but probably not with the fact that I will look and feel 6-8 weeks further along than a woman pregnant with one baby! 
Lots of people have asked what can we do to help?  Right now we just need lots of prayers and support for a happy healthy pregnancy! 
Lots of Love,
The McKinleys

1 comment:

  1. I know this was written over a year ago, but I am so glad I found this blog. We just found out this morning we are having triplets and we are speechless. I am glad I have a blog to refer to throughout this journey :)

    ReplyDelete